The Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) is the leading film festival in the Middle East, Asia and Africa. Since its inception in 2004, the festival has served as an influential platform for Arab filmmakers and talent at an international level, by spearheading the cinema movement in the region.
DIFF has established itself as a major international festival, while continuing to serve as a premier showcase event for Arab cinema, and contributing to the development and growth of the regional industry.
THE OTHER DIMENSION, United Arab Emirates, by Aisha Alzaabi (Director)
THE CONFESSION, France and United Arab Emirates, by Mohammed Swaidan (Director)
...AND ROMEO MARRIED JULIETTE, Tunisia and Belgium, by Hinde Boujemaa (Director)
BAD HUNTER, Belgium and United Arab Emirates, by Sahim Omar Kalifa (Director)
* IN OVERTIME, Jordan and Palestine, by Rami Yasin (Director)
* WITH THY SPIRIT, Lebanon, by Karim Rahbani (Director)
Best Fiction Feature
I AM NOJOOM, AGE 10 AND DIVORCED, Yemen, United Arab Emirates and France, by Khadija Al-Salami (Director)
Best Non-Fiction Feature
NEARBY SKY, United Arab Emirates, by Nujoom Al Ghanem (Director)
ROSHMIA, Palestine, United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Syria, by Salim Abu Jabal (Director)
* I'M DEAD, Algeria and United Arab Emirates, by Yacine Mohamed Benelhadj (Director)
* LETTER TO THE KING, United Arab Emirates and Norway, by Hisham Zaman (Director)
* THE COUNCIL, Jordan and United Arab Emirates, by Yahya Alabdallah (Director)